Suggestions To Help Your Child Establish Habits That Will Help Them Be Successful In School
Establish & Write out a Daily Routine
Write out a schedule listing the time your child will get up, eat breakfast,
leave for school, and what time they will get home, have dinner, do homework,
and go to bed. Post this on your refrigerator or use a small whiteboard.
Establish A Morning Routine
Make sure that your child starts every morning with a healthy breakfast,
like a car, their body needs the proper fuel to perform at peak levels.
Attitude Is Everything
Remind your children to go to school each day ready to focus,
work hard & have fun learning.
Establish Great Homework Habits
Have a set time and quiet place for your child to do homework.
Encourage them to do a thorough job & remind them to always hand it in.
Communicate With Their Teacher
Teachers are smart, but they can’t read minds.
Great relationships come from great communication-ask questions & share concerns
Share At Home
Ask your children what they learned in school today, to tell you their favorite part of their day.
Give them your full attention & be easily in awe of their achievements.
Compliment them when they do a great job telling you about their day.
Encourage Positive Relationships
Be Highly supportive of friendships with kids who have good character & good habits.
Gently discourage relationships with kids who might have a negative influence.
Establish A Bedtime Routine
Make the bedtime routine a habit, so that it becomes virtually automatic,
early enough to allow your child to get enough sleep.
Establish a routine of ending the day with low energy activities like reading.
At Dragon Gate we teach a lot of these skills in our classes, We use routines to teach students, we encourage our students to show and practice at home with their parents. If you would like more information on how to get started in our Martial Arts programs click the link below.
School Success Tips For Kids
1. Eat a healthy breakfast every day ( and a healthy lunch too)
2. Keep your eyes on your teacher
3. Do your homework as soon as you can and ask for help when you don’t understand
4. Tell your parents what your day was like and when you do well at school
5. When you encounter a bully, use your mind, use your words, use your legs, and ask for help when you need it. Make it a goal to Buddy someone each day.
6. Read every day
7. Find some physical activity that you enjoy and go out and do it!
8. Go to bed at your bedtime and go to sleep right away